[Asterisk-Users] CPC, Calling Party Control, Disconnect supervision, -- how to tell that to Verizon (east coast)?

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Tue Dec 7 23:05:12 MST 2004

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would be grateful if anybody could tell me what I should
> tell Verizon
> in NJ so they would enable "disconnect supervision" for my lines.
>
> Apparently "remote hangup notification" or "disconnect supervision" or
> "calling party control" is NOT the magic phrase for them. Although
> disconnect supervision is in the glossary on their website.

Perhaps you tell the agent you are speaking to that you would like to
speak to someone who knows more than they do, since they clearly do not
have the required skills to do their job.

The trick is to upset them enough that they get a supervisor on the
line, without making them so mad that they hang up on you.

It's an art . . .