[Asterisk-Users] Firewall traversal anomalies - AJA

Andrew Aken ajaken at globaleyes.com
Tue Dec 7 08:21:14 MST 2004

I'm trying to setup a Cisco ATA 186 which has a public IP address but
sits behind a firewall and connects to an Asterisk server with a NAT IP
address sitting behind a BSD firewall. The Cisco registers with the
Asterisk server without any problems, and I can place calls without any
problems and the phone on the other end rings correctly. However, I
cannot hear anything through the Cisco after the connection is made.
Where should I begin looking for the problem?

This is the sip.conf entry for the Cisco:
[6184341501]
callerid="GlobalEyes" <6184341501>
canreinvite=no
context=from-internal