[Asterisk-Users] Ringing multiline phone

Christopher L. Wade clwade at sparco.com
Tue Dec 7 15:34:15 MST 2004

Joseph wrote:
> Is there a way to ring selective line on multi-line phone.
> For example if I'm on the phone talking internally on line 1 and the
> calls comes-in the line 2 will automatically ring.
> The phone P104 allow extension to be assign each line.
>
> Is there a way to call certain line (example line 3) on multi-line phone
> instead of line 1 when the phone is not busy?
>
> For example the Sip phone P104 has 10-lines when I call this phone
> ext.12 line one rings, if line one is busy line 2 will ring.  Is the a
> way I to dial straight line 2?

use unique sip account for each line, then use the dialplan to pick what
line to dial.  i use the same technique for having a 'Line' side line
button and a 'ICM' side line button on my Cisco 7940's.  Calls from PSTN
come in on 'Line' side lines, internal intercom calls ring the 'ICM' lines.

-Chris

--
Christopher L. Wade                     Unistar-Sparco Computers, Inc.
Senior Systems Administrator                            dba Sparco.com