[Asterisk-Users] Ringing multiline phone

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Tue Dec 7 16:37:33 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 16:34 -0600, Christopher L. Wade wrote:
> Joseph wrote:
> > Is there a way to ring selective line on multi-line phone.
> > For example if I'm on the phone talking internally on line 1 and the
> > calls comes-in the line 2 will automatically ring.
> > The phone P104 allow extension to be assign each line.
> >
> > Is there a way to call certain line (example line 3) on multi-line phone
> > instead of line 1 when the phone is not busy?
> >
> > For example the Sip phone P104 has 10-lines when I call this phone
> > ext.12 line one rings, if line one is busy line 2 will ring.  Is the a
> > way I to dial straight line 2?
> >

> use unique sip account for each line, then use the dialplan to pick what
> line to dial.  i use the same technique for having a 'Line' side line
> button and a 'ICM' side line button on my Cisco 7940's.  Calls from PSTN
> come in on 'Line' side lines, internal intercom calls ring the 'ICM' lines.
>
> -Chris

I don't think so that is possible on that phone ACT P104. The phone
allows to setup four SIP accounts but they are not linked to 10-line
extensions.  Though I'm not 100% sure. The phone has a feature called:
"Line Key Settings" but what it does is just a wild guess.  Manual
(short guide) does not mention anything about it.

The manual the came with the phone is outdated and ACT is not reponding
to customer emails.

--
#Joseph