[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P FXO channel remains Offhook after outoing or incoming call / line is parallel with other telephone equipment

Andrei (MPI) asterisk at markovprocesses.com
Tue Dec 7 12:41:13 MST 2004

My problem with TDM400 was bad FXO module. Now got a replacement from
Digium. So far it works fine.
I continue to have occasional "loud noise" when dialing out, even after
Didigum support installed a "patch" for wctdm driver on my server.
I have scheduled restarts of Asterisk and reload of wctdm/zaptel from
crontab to prevent that situation. It helps.

Ian D. Wlloughby wrote:

>The offhook in Zap Show Channels is only for FXS cards

Already figured so.

>I have equipment in parallel with no problems, which version of Asterisk
>are you running

Asterisk&zaptel is now latest from CVS. (tried with 1.0 and 1.0-stable
with same results).

>Which country are you in?

I am in US.

I would be grateful if anybody could tell me what I should tell Verizon
so they would enable "disconnect supervision" for my lines. Apparently
"remote hangup notification" or "disconnect supervision" or "calling
party control" is NOT the magic phrase for them. They treat me like I do
not know what I am talking about (which apparently is true, though they
might be more helpful).

Thank you,
Andrei