[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P FXO channel remains Offhook after outoing or incoming call / line is parallel with other telephone equipment

Ian D. Wlloughby ian at ian-willoughby.net
Tue Dec 7 08:12:02 MST 2004

>Asterisk and it works fine untill the following
>situation:
>
>- one of the telco lines occasionally becomes mute after call is
completed, would not provide dial tone, (not sure about ringing on that
>line) - both via old and new PBX.
>- zap show channel <n> would show that line as 'Offhook', though no
telephone is off hook.

>If physical line would be unplugged from TDM card, the line would
become normal again.

The offhook in Zap Show Channels is only for FXS cards

>Sorry, if it is a well known problem, but I did not find any specific
information yet.. Please answer two questions:

> - is it really bad to have parallel connection on TDM400P FXO lines to
an additional telephone equipment, does it prevent TDM400P to detect
Offhook/Onhook correctly?

I have equipment in parallel with no problems, which version of Asterisk
are you running
Which country are you in?
Are you using CallerID facilities if so what signalling/method are you
using?

> - will the problems go away when parallel lines would be disconnected
(legacy PBX shut down)?

>As you may understand the office personnel has anxiety that this may be
a bad Asterisk setup / bad TDM card etc (which I am sure so far that it
is not).

Maybe but as I say I have not seen such problems. Did lines mute before
Asterisk?

Regards
Ian