[Asterisk-Users] DIALSTATUS weirdness (CHANUNAVAIL instead of BUSY, NOANSWER instead of CHANUNAVAIL)

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sat Dec 4 07:39:32 MST 2004

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Rich Adamson wrote:

> > The mind boggles -- PRI is *always* out of band.
>
> Looks like the command is documented in the current config samples.
>
> I'm not knowledgable/experienced (as yet) on where it is actually used,
> but just reading the comments in the config sample led me question the
> writers use of the terms inband and outofband relative to a pri.
>
> Since the comments use words like "doesn't work with all telcos",
> could this have something to do with detecting busy when a call
> reaches a destination lurking behind an analog system? (eg, pri
> call placed to a DID number on an analog pbx where the d channel
> isn't aware of the destination's status?)

>From what I can see the only thing it changes is that the "Busy" and
"Congestion" applications / indications from other sources send audio
signals using the normally opened reverse path from the B subscriber to
the A subscriber before the channel is answered. It may be used by Dial as
well, I have not checked.

With the priindication = outofband those situations will send an isdn
release with the specified code. This can also be achieved by setting the
PRI_CAUSE variable prior to calling Hangup().

Peter