[Asterisk-Users] DIALSTATUS weirdness (CHANUNAVAIL instead of BUSY, NOANSWER instead of CHANUNAVAIL)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sat Dec 4 12:44:04 MST 2004

On December 4, 2004 08:43 am, Rich Adamson wrote:
> Looks like the command is documented in the current config samples.

Yeah I see that now.  :-)

> Since the comments use words like "doesn't work with all telcos",
> could this have something to do with detecting busy when a call
> reaches a destination lurking behind an analog system? (eg, pri
> call placed to a DID number on an analog pbx where the d channel
> isn't aware of the destination's status?)

Yeah but from the config:

; PRI Out of band indications.
; Enable this to report Busy and Congestion on a PRI using out-of-band
; notification. Inband indication, as used by Asterisk doesn't seem to work
; with all telcos.
;
; outofband:      Signal Busy/Congestion out of band with RELEASE/DISCONNECT
; inband:         Signal Busy/Congestion using in-band tones
;
; priindication = outofband

This seems to be for * notifying the PRI, not the other way around.  i.e. if
someone calls me and I'm busy, not me calling out to a busy POTS line.

-A.