[Asterisk-Users] FOP Asterisk Manager Login Failed?

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Fri Dec 3 13:35:54 MST 2004

Hi -

I've told lots of people about the Flash Operator Panel before, but
I've never actually used it myself.  I've got it all set up nicely, but
I can't seem to authenticate to the asterisk manager (which is running
on the same box).  When I set the op_server.pl to give debug messages,
it shows that it can reach the asterisk manager, but cannot
authenticate:

** Asterisk event received, process block...
-> Action: Login
-> Username: user
-> AuthType: MD5
-> Key: 0be2f6f6e39f05a53f5a292517ede3e2

** End of block
<- Response: Error
<- Message: Authentication failed

I note that it says the authentication is done with MD5, do I need to
put an MD5 hash in for the secret in the configuration files?

Here are my files:
manager.conf:
----------------------------
; Asterisk Call Management support
;
[general]
enabled = yes
port = 5038
bindaddr = asterisk.rosecompanies.com

[user]
secret = usersecret
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user
----------------------------

and the beginning part of my op_server.cfg:
----------------------------
[general]

manager_host=asterisk.rosecompanies.com         ; host or ip address of
asterisk
manager_user=user                               ; user for connecting
to * manager
manager_secret=usersecret                          ; secret for *
manager
listen_port=4445                                ; port to listen for
inbound
                                                 ; flash connections
web_hostname=asterisk.rosecompanies.com         ; must be the same
hostname or ip address used
                                                 ; to contact the
webserver
security_code=a2h3c2c                           ; secret code for
performing hangups and
                                                 ; transfers
flash_dir=/var/www/html/panel                   ; location of the .swf
file in your disk
                                                 ; (must reside
somewhere inside your web root)
poll_interval=120                               ; Frequency in second
to poll for sip status
poll_voicemail=1                                ; Poll for voicemail
status also
kill_zombies=0                                  ; 1 Enable automatic
hangup of zombies
                                                 ; 0 Disable

debug = 255                                     ; Debug level to stdout
(bitmap)
                                                 ; 1   Manager Events
Received

Thanks,