[Asterisk-Users] FOP Asterisk Manager Login Failed?

Nick Bachmann asterisk at not-real.org
Fri Dec 3 16:49:32 MST 2004

Noah Miller wrote:

>  I've told lots of people about the Flash Operator Panel before, but
>  I've never actually used it myself. I've got it all set up nicely,
>  but I can't seem to authenticate to the asterisk manager (which is
>  running on the same box). When I set the op_server.pl to give debug
>  messages, it shows that it can reach the asterisk manager, but cannot
>  authenticate:
>
>  ** Asterisk event received, process block... -> Action: Login ->
>  Username: user -> AuthType: MD5 -> Key:
>  0be2f6f6e39f05a53f5a292517ede3e2
>
>  ** End of block <- Response: Error <- Message: Authentication failed
>

>  I note that it says the authentication is done with MD5, do I need to
>  put an MD5 hash in for the secret in the configuration files?

No. The md5 is used so that your actual secret does not have to be
transmitted in plaintext.  The concatination of the random key and the
secret is computed by both sides and hashed, if these two intermediate
forms of your secret are the same you are authenticated.

>  [user] secret = usersecret deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
>  permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0

Is your FOP on a different machine?  If so, you'll have to explicitly
add its IP or remove the deny statement, as it is blocking all IPs on
all subnets.

Nick