[Asterisk-Users] Ouch, part reset, quickly

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Dec 3 10:43:42 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 09:09 -0800, Ed Greenberg wrote:
> I have exactly this problem. When it happens, I lose access to some FXS
> ports and get Geiger counter style clicking on the FXOs. I just opened a
> ticket with Digium on the subject, but given what I just read, perhaps I
> should not have high hopes.

Is it possible that your PSU isn't up to the task? If you aren't running
a 400 or 500 watt PSU, I would be suspect of the PSU. That error message
was attributed to not getting enough power before they put a power plug
on the board itself. Now you know you aren't getting strangled by the
PCI bus, but it still might not be enough power if you PSU isn't up to
snuff to hold the power stable and high enough.