[Asterisk-Users] Ouch, part reset, quickly

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Dec 3 11:04:34 MST 2004

On December 3, 2004 12:43 pm, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> Is it possible that your PSU isn't up to the task? If you aren't running
> a 400 or 500 watt PSU, I would be suspect of the PSU. That error message
> was attributed to not getting enough power before they put a power plug
> on the board itself. Now you know you aren't getting strangled by the
> PCI bus, but it still might not be enough power if you PSU isn't up to
> snuff to hold the power stable and high enough.

I fully believe that that error is incorrect.  I have been running into these
problems on rev E, F and H cards on all manner of systems, from P90 with a
450W power supply to the Supermicro server chassis I hvae upstairs with
triple-redundant power.  Hell I even put a 100MHz DSO on the +12V rail and
there is nothing there, the voltage doesn't move more than a dozen or so mV
from +12.00V.

For some it may be a power issue, but I believe there is either a power
*distribution* issue on the TDM4XXP carrier, an electrical error on the FXS
modules or even some kind of driver issue.

-A.