[Asterisk-Users] drive space for voice mail

rsenykoff at harrislogic.com rsenykoff at harrislogic.com
Thu Dec 2 21:38:21 MST 2004

</snip>
Maybe you should research the problems of your raid solution.

http://www.acnc.com/04_01_01.html

IDE raid 1 should be avoided. IDE drives themselves can cause degraded
performance on a machine and raid 1 would double the IDE activity. If
you were to use a hardware raid option, you would reduce the likely hood
of degraded performance due to IDE activity.

I don't know if SATA helps any for you, but you need to look into what
you can handle.
</snip>

These are 2 x SATA drives.

Since when do IDE drives 'degrade performance?' Sure, when compared to
SCSI they are slow, but the technology is pretty solid. I don't think
we're trying to build a SAN here...

-Ron