[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Problem or Polycom Problem

Thu Dec 2 16:34:22 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 05:35, Eric Rees wrote:
> We are in the process of testing * for company wide deployment.  We
> are using Polycom 300 phones, the only problem that I am running into
> is when I call an 800 number that has an IVR I get disconnected after
> about 60 seconds.  Here are the logs from asterisk.  I am not sure if
> this is a problem with asterisk timing out or if it is the phone.  To
> me this looks like asterisk is timing out.
>

> Executing Dial("SIP/1001-058c", "Zap/g1/91877xxxxxxx") in new stack
>
>     -- Called g1/91877xxxxxxx
>
>     -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'
>
>   == Spawn extension (sip, 91877xxxxxxx, 1) exited non-zero on
> 'SIP/1001-058c'

I was reading through the polycom admin manual to fine-tune a customers
polycom 300 and 600 phones, when I saw some settings. the default ring
time (ie, before answer) is 60 seconds. Consider that your call is
probably not answered until the real person answers, so the polycom is
probably giving up and hanging up the call. This can be modified from
the ipmid.cfg file and I think can be set to 0 to wait for 'infinity'.

I can't remember which xml tag it is, but I think it would be in the
call section.

Regards,
Adam