[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP500

Andrei (MPI) asterisk at markovprocesses.com
Thu Dec 2 07:11:05 MST 2004

Rich Adamson wrote:

>Thought that was really funny since the 500's were ordered from a reseller
>"with SIP image", and the reseller never even bothered to include a
>CD or url.

Yes, that's a fact. You were lucky he knew what exactly he was selling.
I could tell more horror stories as I was contacting Polycom again and
again looking for a reseller that would sell 10+ 600s and Polycom would
give me contacts of their dealers who would not even sure what IP
telephony is, could not find even product codes etc...  Finally some
person from Polycom said to me "Our guy who is responsible for IP
telephones is on vacation this week, please leave him voicemail, he will
call you next week." He never called back, even next month.... Though,
enough about that.