[Asterisk-Users] Interrupt latency problems

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Wed Dec 1 14:08:29 MST 2004

Rich Adamson wrote:

> Looking at the Changlog for 2.6.9, it would appear a fair amount of
> work has been down in the pci stuff and the interrupt support areas.
> Since that seems to be an issue that keeps rearing its head with the
> digium analog cards, maybe there is something 'fixed' in that area.
>
> Not being a strong linux admin, how difficult would you say installing
> 2.6.9 is on top of a RHv9 system (2.4.20-31.9) should be for me?
>
> Any suggestions/hints on how to do it would be appreciated.

I tried to update my RH9 system with Fedora Core 2 (fedora.redhat.com),
and the resulting system was quite confused.  I finally did a backup and
installed FC2 fresh.

I'm looking at my interrupt assignments, and I see my tdm card on 17 and
my T100P on 19.  Are these cascaded interrupts on vector 2?  Will the
cascaded interrupts conflict with one another?

Thanks,

--
Michael Welter
Introspect Telephony Corp.