[Asterisk-Users] Interrupt latency problems

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Dec 1 13:47:30 MST 2004

> On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 13:03 -0700, Michael Welter wrote:
> > Steven Critchfield wrote:

> > > So where is that CPU time going? Is it in the system, or userspace? Have
> > > you tried changing to a non FC or RH kernel as suggested earlier?
> >
> > Yes, I've just completed the installation of 2.6.9, and the spikes have
> > gone away.
> >
> > Thank you, Steven.
>
> Your welcome.
>
> I am glad it solved the problem. Now if only someone knew what it was
> about the stock RH or FC kernel that makes it happen you could get RH or
> FC to stop using that patch. That or maybe more people will be like me
> and always cast a weary eye upon a prepackaged kernel no matter what
> distro it came from.

Looking at the Changlog for 2.6.9, it would appear a fair amount of
work has been down in the pci stuff and the interrupt support areas.
Since that seems to be an issue that keeps rearing its head with the
digium analog cards, maybe there is something 'fixed' in that area.

Not being a strong linux admin, how difficult would you say installing
2.6.9 is on top of a RHv9 system (2.4.20-31.9) should be for me?

Any suggestions/hints on how to do it would be appreciated.

Rich