[Asterisk-Users] ** ASTRICON * LAST CALL FOR REGISTRATION

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Aug 31 03:50:07 MST 2004

Astricon is the first Asterisk user's and developer's conference to be
held in Atlanda, GA, USA Sept 22-24 this fall. Astricon is organized
by Edvina.net and Sokol & Associates in partnership with Digium, inc.

** CURRENT ESTIMATE: OVER 250 ATTENDEES

Steven and I started this project at the end of march, looking forward
to gathering the community and showing the strength of an Open Source
project from a business and a community standpoint.

In our wildest dreams, we couldn't really imagine the success we've had
so far. We've almost sold out the sponsorships. We've almost sold out
the seats for attendees!

We'll be well over 250 Asterisk users in the conference!

** NEW TUTORIALS
The tutorial agenda have changed. The internatiolatization tutorial
is replaced by a tutorial covering Asterisk GUI's - user interfaces
for administrators, users and receptionists. This is a multi-speaker
session moderated by Jim Thompson, the voip-info.org Wiki maintainer.
(There's still room for one more GUI project. Mail me if you are
interested!)

** RUMOURS, LAUNCHES, GIVE-AWAYS
There will be many new products launched at Astricon. From behind
the curtains, we've seen and heard a lot of new stuff in the works.
Make sure that you visit the Astricon Exhibition! There's also rumours
about a launch party, sponsored by the major Asterisk.org contributor.
Be there!

** REGISTER NOW, WE ARE REACHING THE UPPER LIMIT
We are now fast reaching the upper limit in number of attendees.
Make sure you register now to get a hotel room and an entrance
ticket. http://www.astricon.net

Thank you for all your support!

Steven Sokol & Olle E. Johansson
Astricon Organizers

PS: And if we haven't been as active on the IRC or the bug tracker
as usual, you now understand why... :-)