[Asterisk-Users] Polycom SoundPoint... Gains - Which isfor speakerphone

Matthew Marlowe matt at gear3.com
Tue Aug 31 03:45:20 MST 2004

Thanks, I was afraid to try and change gains that I didn't know what
they did simply because I don't want to blow a speaker or something.. :)

I'll try it today.

The only thing I haven't figured out is how to set a default ringer in
the configuration file, set my time to EST w/ Daylight Savings and when
receiving incoming calls if it's possible to see NAME & NUMBER instead
of just NAME.  I'd prefer to see just NUMBER over name.

All incoming calls are masked with 'Toll-Free Call' for some reason.  So
every caller, I get Toll-Free Call.

And for my tech support options, etc... I change the name to 'Tech
Support' to easily be able to tell what department a person called.  But
now I can't see the phone number, only AFTER I pick up.