[Asterisk-Users] iaxtel and jitterbuffer

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Sat Aug 28 22:59:20 MST 2004

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004, Michael George wrote:

> So even with X11 eliminated the sound is still bad to Digium.  I tried
> another's 1700 number, and it sounded the same, so it's not something unique
> to digium and me.
>
> Would IAX/GSM be so sensitive to half-duplex that I cannot expect it to work
> with my ISP only giving me 1/2 duplex service?

If you think that the jitter buffer isn't working right and should fix
this, then please capture debug from the buffer and send over to me.

To do that, in /etc/asterisk/logger.conf edit the debug line to be:

debug => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose

Then run asterisk like so:

/usr/sbin/asterisk -vvvvvv -g  -dddddd -c

Then go "iax2 debug" at the CLI prompt.

Do a test call, then send me the resulting /var/log/asterisk/debug file.

THanks,
Steve