[Asterisk-Users] iaxtel and jitterbuffer

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Aug 29 06:19:13 MST 2004

On Sunday 29 August 2004 01:59, steve at daviesfam.org wrote:
> If you think that the jitter buffer isn't working right and should fix
> this, then please capture debug from the buffer and send over to me.
>
> To do that, in /etc/asterisk/logger.conf edit the debug line to be:
>
> debug => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose
>
> Then run asterisk like so:
>
> /usr/sbin/asterisk -vvvvvv -g  -dddddd -c
>
> Then go "iax2 debug" at the CLI prompt.
>
> Do a test call, then send me the resulting /var/log/asterisk/debug file.

Is there any way to do this 'live'?  I get it intermittently and capturing
debug for days before the problem is manifest is probably not the best way to
do it.

I've tried leaving the debug line in and not invoking any kind of -d in the
asterisk startup but the debug log still grows.  I can't comment out the
debug line in logger.conf because a logger reload or reload will NOT create
the debug file, only a restart will.

Ideally some way to create the debug file but write very litte to it until I
connect with "asterisk -vvvvddddrc" or something would be best I imagine.

Also, is are logs of problem conversations already in progress any use to you?
You nailed down the "dead audio after 65535ms" problem but every now and
again (very very rare) we will have a conversation where the incoming audio
goes totally dead for about 2-4 seconds and then continues just fine.  This
occurs usually several minutes into the conversation, and I've never seen it
occur twice in a conversation.

Obviously this is next to impossible to catch.  :-(  I haven't heard a
complaint about it since turning off jitter buffer to nufone.

As always, thank you for your knowledge and input.

-A.