[Asterisk-Users] iaxtel and jitterbuffer

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Sun Aug 29 13:34:21 MST 2004

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 11:31:48PM -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On Saturday 28 August 2004 23:01, Michael George wrote:
>
> It has nothing to do with IAX or GSM. Stop blaming them.  My upstream is half
> duplex as well (pretty much anyone on DSL or cable is on a half duplex
> connection whether they realize it or not).
>
> There are many, many people using asterisk every day for long distance and in
> environments where audio quality is crucial.  Let's stop blaming asterisk and
> take a good hard look at what's happenning, shall we?

Someone suggested that perhaps the machine is too slow.  If someone who uses
IAX2 between offices wouldn't mind, could you please indicate how heavy a
system you are using for Zap <--> IAX/GSM <--> VOIP.

Perhaps I am underestimating the HP required for the voice coding...

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.