[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice User hung up on voicemail

Michael Swan swan at neon.com
Fri Aug 27 12:06:57 MST 2004

At 08:31 AM 8/27/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Yep... It's BroadVoice's problem, not *'s... When * is recording, be it
>voicemail or the record() application, * does not transmit a single packet
>back to BroadVoice (Confirmed by ethereal and TCPDump) After 30 seconds the
>BroadVoice switch will disconnect the call believing that it's a far-end
>disconnect...
>
>I think that once CNG is implemented in *, this problem should be fixed, but
>until then, you get 30 seconds of recording... period :(
>
>     -Chris

We are certainly experiencing this Broadvoice behavior. It not only
affects voicemail recording but also disconnects calls placed on hold.
Is someone actively working on a configurable CNG option in *? I
don't see much discussion of CNG outside of FAX-related issues
in the list archive...

Michael Swan
Neon Software, Inc.