[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk to Vonage

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Thu Aug 26 21:07:14 MST 2004

On Aug 24, 2004, at 4:17 PM, Chris Shaw wrote:

> I hold no ill will towards Vonage but I have to say honestly... ewww...
>
> They've already made their feelings quite clear by refusing to allow
> people
> to bring their own devices and taking steps to even hide their SIP
> servers
> (changing the port from the RFC standard 5060 to 5061 for example.)
> Why not
> go with someone who's actually willing to allow you to use Asterisk
> and any
> phone you want like NuFone, BroadVoice, IconnectHere or a host of
> others
> instead of trying to hack Vonage...

At least when I signed up with Vonage they were the only VoIP provider
that had numbers in my old rate center and could transfer the number
from SBC.   It does, of course, suck not to be able to use it with
Asterisk.  (I could sign up for a soft-phone, but I don't think it'd be
with my old number defeating the purpose...)

  - ask

--
http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/