[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk to Vonage

Deon Rodden drodden at webunited.net
Fri Aug 27 06:09:57 MST 2004

When I initially signed up with Packet8 and they sent their converter, I
used a X100P card in my Asterisk server so that it could send and
receive calls through Packet8, I suspect the same trick would work for
Vonage.

The benefit is you can then have several phones in the house, or one at
work, or a softphone in your laptop, register with your Asterisk server
and then you can place and receive unlimited local/long distance calls
through your Vonage account.  You can also have Asterisk answer and you
can use it's IVR/Automated Attendant functionalities.

You will be limited to only 1 inbound/outbound call at a time though.  I
eventually canned Packet8 in favor of BroadVoice, $19.95 a month,
unlimited local and long distance, and I've tested up to 6 inbound calls
at the same time and it worked.