[Asterisk-Users] chan_sccp2 & 7960 -- documentation and example request.

Jan Czmok czmok at gatel.net
Thu Aug 26 07:28:13 MST 2004

Matthew Boehm (mboehm at cytelcom.com) wrote:

Matthew: See my comments inline...

> I'm guessing that chan_sccp2 is the same one I am using which was downloaded
> from http://chan-sccp.sourceforge.net ?

yep it is.

> If it is, we are in luck. I have 2 Cisco 7960G's all running just fine with
> this new module.

Good to hear :-)

> 1 phone has 1 line on it and the other has 2 lines on it. I am able to dial
> all 3 lines from both phones and can call POTS numbers as well as all our
> SIP phones.
>
> I've got a custom services page running (hosted by someone else) and are in
> the process of getting a custom directory working. Speeddials also work
> great displaying my custom name on the LCD screen.

We'll soon will modify to easy speeddial handling (e.g. handling in
memory).

> Have not yet figured out how to put call on hold but can transfer calls to
> another extension and can park calls.

On Hold should work by using the button, but haven't extensively tested
it yet on the 7960G

> I also applied a patch to the module allowing a multi-line phone to answer
> an incomming call on any line. The non-patched version of CVS does not do
> this.

I'm currently incorporating this patch into CVS as it seems useful to me
and others.

> Certain softkey menus (the 4 buttons along the bottom of the LCD) do not
> seem to be visible in the correct mode. For example, I can see a 'Hold'
> option visible right now even though there is no active call. And the 'Hold'
> button dissapears when a call is active; so I can't press 'Hold' or
> 'Transfer'. But I can use *'s internal #EXT to transfer.

okay, i'll check this, this seems to be an easy to solve issue

> Haven't tested intercom abilities yet.

Don't try this at home :-) AFAIK this is not supported neither correctly
programmed, but after the softkeys / speeddials are finished, i'll
work on the intercom stuff.

--jan

--
Jan Czmok, Network Engineering & Support, Global Access Telecomm, Inc.
Ph.: +49 69 299896-35 - fax: +49 69 299896-40 - sip:13129*522 at inoc-dba.pch.net