[Asterisk-Users] chan_sccp2 & 7960 -- documentation and example request.

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Thu Aug 26 06:56:12 MST 2004

I'm guessing that chan_sccp2 is the same one I am using which was downloaded
from http://chan-sccp.sourceforge.net ?

If it is, we are in luck. I have 2 Cisco 7960G's all running just fine with
this new module.

1 phone has 1 line on it and the other has 2 lines on it. I am able to dial
all 3 lines from both phones and can call POTS numbers as well as all our
SIP phones.

I've got a custom services page running (hosted by someone else) and are in
the process of getting a custom directory working. Speeddials also work
great displaying my custom name on the LCD screen.

Have not yet figured out how to put call on hold but can transfer calls to
another extension and can park calls.

I also applied a patch to the module allowing a multi-line phone to answer
an incomming call on any line. The non-patched version of CVS does not do
this.

Certain softkey menus (the 4 buttons along the bottom of the LCD) do not
seem to be visible in the correct mode. For example, I can see a 'Hold'
option visible right now even though there is no active call. And the 'Hold'
button dissapears when a call is active; so I can't press 'Hold' or
'Transfer'. But I can use *'s internal #EXT to transfer.

Haven't tested intercom abilities yet.

Make sure that in your modules.conf you have a "noload => chan_skinny.so"
otherwise the 7960's will continue to use that module instead of the new
chan_sccp.

sccp.conf
---------------------
[general]
keepalive = 60          ; How often the SCCP device does a keepalive ping
context = default       ; default context that will be used if nothing else
is specified for
dateFormat = D-M-Y      ; M-D-Y in any order (5 chars max)
bindaddr = 1.2.3.4 ; replace 1.2.3.4 with the ip address of the asterisk
box.
port = 2000             ; listen on port 2000 (Skinny, default)

[SEP000F3442E4A7]
description = Matthew's 7960    ; A description, may be up to 16 charecters
long. Used by * in 'sccp show'
type = 7960                     ; The model type needs to be defined so we
know how to set it up.
context   = matthew             ; default context for outgoing calls.
tzoffset  = -6                  ; Timezone offset from GMT
autologin = 1001
speeddial = 4,John Doe
speeddial = 7,Jack Trades
speeddial = 8,Neverwinter Nights

[SEP000F3442E199]
description = Jack's 7960
type = 7960
context = matthew
tzoffset = -6
autologin = 1002,1003
speeddial = 4,John Doe
speeddial = 7,Jack Trades
speeddial = 8,Neverwinter Nights

[1001]
id          = 1001      ; Id is a number that is dialed to login to the line
with.
pin         = 1234      ; The pin number needed to log into the device.  If
pin is missing, anyone can log into it
label       = 1001      ; The text to display on the display (on 7960)
description = 1001      ; The text to display on the screen (on the 7910)
context     = matthew   ; Context outgoign calls are in.
callwaiting = 1         ; If set to 1, call waiting will work.
;mailbox     = 4                ; Check if this mailbox has any mail, and if
so, show the Message Waiting Indicator.
callerid    = "Theo" <1001>     ; CallerId to use on outgoing calls from
this line.

[1002]
id          = 1002
pin         = 1234