[Asterisk-Users] chan_sccp2 & 7960 -- documentation and examplerequest.

Craig Guy cguy at bigpond.net.au
Sat Aug 28 03:27:14 MST 2004

I have now today also configured a 7960 to work with asterisk via chan_sccp.
I have only used SCCP firmware 5.0 (5) with the 7960 and I gotta say that I
much prefer the SIP 7.2 firmware.  The real reason at this stage for going
SCCP is for support of the 7914 expansion module.  This phone will be the
reception phone and that means that we're after support for the 'progress'
lights on the expansion board.

I can't comment on the current support for the 7914 because I upgraded the
phone to firmware 5.0 (5) before I discovered that the 7914 firmware has to
be upgraded first.  And a version 5 firmware can't be downgraded :(

For anyone else trying to configure a 7960 for SCCP and Asterisk you will
need on the TFTP server the OS79XX.txt, XMLDefault.cnf.xml and
SEP<MAC>.cnf.xml.  Documentation on the contents of SEP<MAC>.cnf.xml was
very hard to track down.  I have added a sample copy of this file to the
wiki - http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=SCCP-HOWTO2

One other thing - I am running Fedora Core 2 and had to modify chan_sccp.c
and sccp_device.c, changing 'pthread_create' to 'ast_pthread_create' in
order for the compiled module to load in Asterisk.

Craig