[Asterisk-Users] SIP "unphones"

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Tue Aug 24 23:10:12 MST 2004

Actually, right now its proof-of-concept in an existing home, which I
built three years ago, fully wired.  I have a minimum of two cat5 in
each room, as well as attic and garage, all home-run into the basement.
I want to see if I can get this to work, in order to know how to prewire
the next house we're breaking ground on in a few months.

The idea is to get an intercom/PA system going, as well as utilize the
PBX as a baby-monitor (dial ext, connect mic in one -- soon two --
bedrooms to speaker in master bedroom).

I got one Sipura in the office, the rest in the basement -- like I said,
wiring isn't the issue.  I'll research some doorphones -- still think
that's so far the best lead.  The Grandstream doesn't seem like a good
solution, since it inserts that announcement-beep before turning on
speaker.