[Asterisk-Users] Hardware for PBX with 4 incoming/outgoing lines and 20 phones

William Suffill william.suffill at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 16:36:24 MST 2004

Andrew,

Sounds like it could be a good fit for your needs. Although that
raises many questions as to how exactly you should deploy it. If you
have a good Internet connection to the office in question you could
perhaps use VOIP termination for your outbound calls instead of the
current 4 PSTN lines. This way if all 20 people on the system could
make calls at once or just 4 and you would only pay per minute on the
usage.

If you have good analog phones already then probably the channel bank
route is the best way to support that many phones. Otherwise you could
get IP Phones such as the Cisco 79xx , Polycom's or Snoms.

Hard to say really what's best without knowing more of how much phone
usage is in question and how much you would like to invest in an
Asterisk/VOIP solution.

Hopefully this along with the other posts you get on the list help you
on your deployment. I'd be curious as to what you finally decide on
after you weight the options.