[Asterisk-Users] Queue Calls without using the

Michael at Matraex.com Michael at Matraex.com
Sun Aug 22 20:02:17 MST 2004

I am writing a call center application.
I do not want to use Queues to manage my incoming calls and connect them
to the operators for a few reasons which I wont go into here.

The option I come up with is to create a context that the call goes to
which runs background() and just loops to play it again and again
forever.  The background() will have options to dial 1 to leave
voicemail
Then, when the operator is ready to take the call, the Manager API it
will yank them out of the "Hold Queue" and send them to the Operators
extension using the Redirect" command.

My Questions is this: Does this create any kind of concerns when the
call just loops again and again or when the call is arbitrarily pulled
from a context and directed to an extension?
Is there a better way to do this? What have you done in the past to
solve this type of issue?

[call-hold-queue]
exten => s,1,Background(willbeanswered-press1forvoicemail)
exten => s,2,Background(20seconds-of-music)
exten => s,3,Goto(call-hold-queue,s,1)
exten => 1,1,Goto(voicemailcontext,s,1)

Thanks for your help
Michael