[Asterisk-Users] Pulse dialed digit recognization

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 20:08:45 MST 2004

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 23:07:04 -0300, Daniel Bichara
<daniel at bichara.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using * to guide my callers throught my company's support menu. But
> I have problem when the caller has a "pulse dial" telephony. Could *
> detect digits dialed on pulse telephones?

I don't know of any IVR system that could detect pulse digits as
pulse/decadic operates using electrical pulses rather than audible
tones.

What you should do is have a timeout. If your menu/IVR doesn't detect
a dialed digit within x seconds, then send them to the operator.

For example, I have:

exten => t,1,Goto(callqueues,8504,1) ; direct to operator on timeout

exten => s,1,DigitTimeout,5
exten => s,2,ResponseTimeout,10
exten => s,3,Background,ivr-welcome

Rest of options...