[Asterisk-Users] How to run different codecs between the same endpoints on an IAX trunk?

Chris Shaw chriss at watertech.com
Thu Aug 19 15:46:05 MST 2004

I believe you can do that kind of thing with SIP, using the
SetVar(${SIP_CODEC}="CODEC"}) in your extensions.conf... So, For example, if
the extension of your card machine were say '100' then you would do
something like this

[outgoing]

exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Gotoif($[${CALLERID_NUM} = '100']?2:3)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,2,SetVar(${SIP_CODEC}="ulaw")
exten =>
_1NXXNXXXXXX,3,Dial(IAX2/user:password at iax2.otherserver.com/$EXTEN,30)

I don't know if this works with IAX...

    -Chris