[Asterisk-Users] How to run different codecs between the same endpoints on an IAX trunk?

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Thu Aug 19 15:11:44 MST 2004

Or perhaps how to configure and refer to two parallel IAX trunks with
different codecs?

I have a situation where I'm using G.729A as my IAX trunking codec. Now I
need to push some short duration, low bitrate modem traffic over the link (a
credit card terminal). Obviously the modem audio isn't going to survive the
G.729 codec process intact, so for the times the device is used I'd like to
service calls from that device (and only that device) with a higher-data
rate codec.

Any suggestions?

Kris Boutilier
Information Systems Coordinator