[Asterisk-Users] Three tdm400p's (loaded with FXOs)

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Thu Aug 19 11:11:25 MST 2004

On Aug 19, 2004, at 10:00 AM, Ryan Courtnage wrote:
> Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
>> On Wednesday 18 August 2004 19:31, Ryan Courtnage wrote:
>>> Theoretically, I know it's possible, but is any using multiple
>>> tdm400ps
>>> (fxo) in single * box?  In a production environment?  Any gotchas
>>> aside
>>> form irq sharing?
>> Buy a T100P and a channel bank with two FXO modules.  WAY less
>> interrupt activity and the quality of the FXO modules will be better.
>>  TDMxxP are great for low density but you're approaching the realm of
>> mid density.
>
> It's tough to find that happy medium between 8 analog lines and 16
> (when  a digital service becomes cost effective).

I should probably mention that XO will sell "integrated PRIs", with 1 D
channel, N B channels, and all of the remaining channels used as a
channelized Internet-access T1.  They quoted me $550/month last month
in Seattle.  We're not taking them up on it for various reasons, but it
seems like a cost-effective option for some people.

Scott