[Asterisk-Users] Three tdm400p's (loaded with FXOs)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Aug 19 10:30:47 MST 2004

On Thursday 19 August 2004 13:00, Ryan Courtnage wrote:
> A Rhino channel bank with 12 fxo will retail to about $1850, plus $500
> for the t100p.  It's a tough sale for a growing small company that has
> already invested in (and outgrown) 2 tdm400ps.

So give them partial (say 50%) credit to take back their functional TDM400Ps
(and sell them to someone else) and give them an Adit600 or ABI with FXS
ports (under $800 on ebay) and T100P.

Warrant the used CB yourself, you should always have spare hardware handy
anyway... it's in a relatively safe environment so it's a safe bet that it
won't go tits-up in 3 months.

> With the absence of partial-PRI, is this the most cost-effective way to
> initially deploy a 12 fxo port system (or upgrade an 8 port system to 12).

Channel Bank is my solution but don't use ABI or II with FXO -- no far-end
disconnect supervision.

> I apologize, this email is probably now more suited for asterisk-biz.
> But I'm looking to hear from people that are delivering solutions for
> this specific problem.

I don't consider this -biz yet, it's still about using asterisk and not about
specific vendors or service of said vendors.

-A.