[Asterisk-Users] Three tdm400p's (loaded with FXOs)

Ryan Courtnage ryan at voxbox.ca
Thu Aug 19 10:00:41 MST 2004

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 August 2004 19:31, Ryan Courtnage wrote:
>
>>Theoretically, I know it's possible, but is any using multiple tdm400ps
>>(fxo) in single * box?  In a production environment?  Any gotchas aside
>>form irq sharing?
>

> Buy a T100P and a channel bank with two FXO modules.  WAY less interrupt
> activity and the quality of the FXO modules will be better.  TDMxxP are great
> for low density but you're approaching the realm of mid density.

It's tough to find that happy medium between 8 analog lines and 16 (when
  a digital service becomes cost effective).

A Rhino channel bank with 12 fxo will retail to about $1850, plus $500
for the t100p.  It's a tough sale for a growing small company that has
already invested in (and outgrown) 2 tdm400ps.

With the absence of partial-PRI, is this the most cost-effective way to
initially deploy a 12 fxo port system (or upgrade an 8 port system to 12).

I apologize, this email is probably now more suited for asterisk-biz.
But I'm looking to hear from people that are delivering solutions for
this specific problem.

Ryan