[Asterisk-Users] spandsp

Simone Ricci simone.ricci at cwnet.it
Thu Aug 19 08:57:28 MST 2004

William Glynn ha scritto:
> I'm seeing training errors that often stop fax machines from even
> starting delivery, lots of errors from libtiff regarding unexpected
> line lengths, and garbled data even if RxFax thinks it's okay.

Strange. Which version of libtiff are you using?

> However, I've gotten TxFax to work reliably. Outbound faxing (with
> a whole slew of scripts) is really quite slick. Oddly, faxing out
> over a TE410P to the teleco and back produces identical results
> from RxFax. That is, loopback doesn't function correctly.

Strange, again. I've not tried loopback, but my incoming/outgoing faxing
works like a charm, via SIP. I don't have any pstn hardware, my pstn
interface is an experimental SIP gateway from my telco.

> Can you think of any other details in your configuration that might
> pertain to SpanDSP? Would you be willing to post your binaries
> somewhere?

I've ztdummy loaded, for timing functionality. Since you own a TE410, I
guess you don't need it at all. No sound card (so, no chan_oss/chan_alsa).
Tipical machine's load: load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
Maybe you've got high loads and timing gets critical?

Binaries? I don't think that would be a brilliant idea, but if you
wish...tell me which files you need exactly. But beware, worst things
may happen (like strange segmentation faults).

Cheers,
Simone.