[Asterisk-Users] spandsp

administrator tootai admin at tootai.net
Fri Aug 20 01:35:34 MST 2004

Simone Ricci a écrit :

> William Glynn ha scritto:
>
>> I'm seeing training errors that often stop fax machines from even
>> starting delivery, lots of errors from libtiff regarding unexpected
>> line lengths, and garbled data even if RxFax thinks it's okay.
>

> Strange. Which version of libtiff are you using?

I just finish installation and give it a try on reception: same problems
than related by William. Seems that around 20 first kb of data's are
approximatively ok and the garbage start (unexpected line lengths)

>> However, I've gotten TxFax to work reliably. Outbound faxing (with
>> a whole slew of scripts) is really quite slick. Oddly, faxing out
>> over a TE410P to the teleco and back produces identical results
>> from RxFax. That is, loopback doesn't function correctly.
>

> Strange, again. I've not tried loopback, but my incoming/outgoing
> faxing works like a charm, via SIP. I don't have any pstn hardware, my
> pstn interface is an experimental SIP gateway from my telco.
>
>> Can you think of any other details in your configuration that might
>> pertain to SpanDSP? Would you be willing to post your binaries
>> somewhere?
>

> I've ztdummy loaded, for timing functionality. Since you own a TE410,
> I guess you don't need it at all. No sound card (so, no
> chan_oss/chan_alsa).
> Tipical machine's load: load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
> Maybe you've got high loads and timing gets critical?

I use an X100P. SMP (2 celeron 400) 440 Mb RAM, with RH73 kernel 2.4.26,
libtiff 3.5.7. So could be an SMP issue ...

--
Daniel