[Asterisk-Users] spandsp

William Glynn wglynn at freedomhealthcare.org
Thu Aug 19 08:39:23 MST 2004

> FWI, I'm using it very successfully. Where's your problem?
> My system is running Fedora Core 2, libtiff and libtiff-devel as
> provided by distro (installed with apt-get, version 3.5.7).
> I've got to add some headers in /usr/include to get it work:
> tiffiop.h, tif_dir.h and ports.h
>
> Hope this helps.

I'm seeing training errors that often stop fax machines from even
starting delivery, lots of errors from libtiff regarding unexpected
line lengths, and garbled data even if RxFax thinks it's okay.

However, I've gotten TxFax to work reliably. Outbound faxing (with
a whole slew of scripts) is really quite slick. Oddly, faxing out
over a TE410P to the teleco and back produces identical results
from RxFax. That is, loopback doesn't function correctly.

Can you think of any other details in your configuration that might
pertain to SpanDSP? Would you be willing to post your binaries
somewhere?

--Will Glynn
Freedom Healthcare Group