[Asterisk-Users] 1.0 RC2 - FXS issues - no ring, no MWI

John Sellens jsellens at generalconcepts.com
Tue Aug 17 20:09:01 MST 2004

I've had a (small) working asterisk with X100P and 4xFXS TDM card
for a while now.  I've been running the release from (I think)
April 13 - asterisk 0.9.0, zap* 0.9.1.

I tried 1.0 RC2, and my internal FXS line doesn't ring - call
comes in the FXO, gets answered, and rings through to the FXS
extension, but the phone doesn't ring - asterisk shows it ringing
and eventually punts to voicemail.  When I have voicemail, I get
stutter dialtone, but no MWI lamp.

I've looked at the current configuration files, compiler and
startup messages, etc., but I can't see anything obviously
wrong, but still get this behaviour.  I'm running (good old)
RedHat 7.3, with kernel 2.4.20.  If I revert to the April release,
everything's fine.  Yesterday's CVS exhibits the same behaviour.

Has anyone else seen anything weird with FXS ports in recent
releases?

Thanks very much!

John
jsellens at generalconcepts.com