[Asterisk-Users] [probably OT] wireless voip converter

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Tue Aug 17 23:43:02 MST 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Damjan wrote:

> Sory if this is offtopic or rude, but I guess some people here might
> have the experience...
>
> I'm looking for a product to connect my 30-some DECT users to the voip
> (SIP) network.
> Some kind of DECT base station that connects to ethernet and supports
> the sip protocol. And it should have the capacity to support 30 (or
> maybe even more) users simultaneously.

I'd love something like this, but haven't so far been able to find it.

I wanted to find a PCI card or something that implements the DECT base
station stuff but passes the call signalling and voice into the PC.  I
would have written an Asterisk channel driver.

I did find a German company who make a DECT interface on a PCI card.

It is mainly designed for using DECT for data transfer.  But they had just
implemented the voice profiles etc.  And they can handle multiple
concurrent connections.

The catch is that it can't work as a base station.  I did write to them -
because it seems to me to be just a software issue - but there reply was
that they weren't going to implement that because mass-market DECT base
stations are just too cheap.

So perhaps that will be the pattern.  But if you find something, please
let us know!

Steve