[Asterisk-Users] couple basic questions

Chris Shaw chriss at watertech.com
Tue Aug 17 16:16:29 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Masterson" <thomasmas at eacceleration.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 4:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] couple basic questions

> Answers of this kind are what turns people off to linux.  It would appear
> that some have the attitude of "if you don't know the basics then stay
> out".

Did you actually even read my post? I did clearly state that I wasn't trying
to bash him for not knowing Linux... The simple fact is, you cannot use a
linux based program if you don't understand Linux... That's it.. Period...
If you think that you need to have a specific distro and a special computer
to run linux, then you DO NOT know linux...

> Rmember you once asked stupid questions as well and answer with
> either the appropriate answer along with some education and pointers or
> don't answer at all.  Everyone has to learn sometime.  Also the only
> really stupid question is the one you didn't ask as my teachers used to
> say.

It's not mine, nor any other person on this list's job to be a Linux
teacher.
Do a search sometime for all the books that have been written on linux...
you'll find that you can't even begin to discuss this topic by e-mail... Not
only that, but the topic of this list isn't "Teach people linux" it's
"Asterisk"

Again, John, Please, don't give up on asterisk... And don't be discouraged,
think of this as a way to grow your skills, Linux is a very powerful
operating system and much better suited to this kind of thing than say
Windows...

As for you Tom, please read people's posts thoroughly before responding...

    -Chris