[Asterisk-Users] Performance testing of asterisk

Tom Masterson thomasmas at eacceleration.com
Mon Aug 16 17:17:08 MST 2004

What we are finding is that things work quite well with a small number of
users/agents and callers i.e 10 or less.  However when we put the stuff in
production (normally changes to the configurations) where they can and are
hit with hundreds of callers among some 60 or 70 agents we have major
failures.  What we are trying to do is come up with some automated way of
creating the same effect so we can test changes before they go out to the
rest of the group.  The generator does not have to be the same box as the
test asterisk box but we need to recreate the scenarios as much as
possible.

Any ideas?  I agree with Chris but it might still be better than nothing.

Tom