[Asterisk-Users] Performance testing of asterisk

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 17 01:37:36 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 02:17, Tom Masterson wrote:
> What we are finding is that things work quite well with a small number of
> users/agents and callers i.e 10 or less.  However when we put the stuff in
> production (normally changes to the configurations) where they can and are
> hit with hundreds of callers among some 60 or 70 agents we have major
> failures.  What we are trying to do is come up with some automated way of
> creating the same effect so we can test changes before they go out to the
> rest of the group.  The generator does not have to be the same box as the
> test asterisk box but we need to recreate the scenarios as much as
> possible.

Scott [forgot surname] from Emerging Technologies (search the list
messages from 2003) sent the attached script to the list during a
discussion about stress testing asterisk. Iirc it works by looping 2
T1/E1/PRI ports on the same box and sending calls back and forth. Think
it was possible also to loop calls between 2 asterisk boxes. Hope it is
helpful.

Regards,
Patrick