[Asterisk-Users] Set-up for 2 Asterisk System

Craig Neumanns craigneumanns at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 14:21:30 MST 2004

Hello,

I will be setting up two asterisk systems and I'm looking for some suggestions as to what the best way to do this will be.

The 2 systems are for 2 companies that share a single T1 line. The T1 line has 12 voice channels and 12 data channels.

Currently, they are set-up as follows:

T1 line from provider enters CSU/DSU and splits voice/data channels. The voice channels are sent to an ADIT 600 w/ 4 FXS cards. The ADIT 600 then breaks down the T1 voice channels into analog lines, of which 8 are fed into one phone system and 4 are fed into the other phone system.

I have been thinking about throwing in 2 more ADIT 600s with the appropriate number of FXO and FXS ports each and interfacing them with a Digium T100P card on each phone system, but this seems to be a bit cost prohibitive.

I am wondering what the best way to interface the current lines with Asterisk will be?

Thanks!
Craig