[Asterisk-Users] Set-up for 2 Asterisk System

Brian McManus astbiz at mynetworkplaces.com
Mon Aug 16 14:32:11 MST 2004

Simple.  Buy two asterisk servers, one server has a t1 card in it that
handles the 12 lines and the 12 Data channels.  That leaves you with
buying one digium card instead of a mess of channel banks, fxs/fxo
cards, etc.

To send calls to the other asterisk server use IAX
 As far as fxs/fxo you might want to buy one tdm400 with three fxs and
one fxo so you can emulate dialtone to fax machines , etc...

The big question is...Are your end point phones going to be IP phones?

Brian