[Asterisk-Users] What is the best Linux for asterisk

Shawn Parker shawn.parker at cumulus.com
Mon Aug 16 11:40:29 MST 2004

Although I haven't tried it for Asterisk yet, I use Archlinux
(http://archlinux.org/) in my production environments.  It's similar to
Gentoo.  It as a minute disk footprint, most popular software packages
are available via it's *pacman* package manager, and you can get it in
2.4 or 2.6 kernel flavors.  The Server I am building currently for
Asterisk will run the latest build of Archlinux.  I'll report back any
major issues I may have with it...although I don't expect any.  If it
runs on Gentoo or Debian, then it will [normally] run on Archlinux.

I gave up on commercial distro's like Red Hat, SuSe and Mandrake long ago.

Cheers,