[Asterisk-Users] Using a TE405P to connect to an existing PBX

drodden drodden at webunited.net
Mon Aug 16 09:46:14 MST 2004

hmmm..
This is now what I have in /etc/zaptel.conf

---
span=1,2,0,esf,b8zs
# dynamic=eth,eth0/00:02:b3:35:43:9c,24,0
bchan=1-23
dchan=24
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us
---

I don't know if I need that dynamic line or not. There's no mention
about it in the wiki. Also, the wiki says the span line should
be"span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs" but you recommended I let the remote do the
timing, so I set this as "Secondary", should it be Secondary, or should
I just turn it off completely? Anything I'm missing?

And here's my zapata.conf file:
---
switchtype=national
context=remoteoffice
signalling=pri_net
group=1
channel => 1-23
---

That's my short version. But looking through the many many parameters in
the default one, I built this one:
---
[trunkgroups]
trunkgroup => 1,24
spanmap => 1,1,1

[channels]
language=en
context=remotesite
switchtype=national
pridialplan=national
;prilocaldialplan=national
signalling=pri_net
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
usecallingpres=yes
;callwaitingcallerid=no
;threewaycalling=no
;transfer=no
;cancallforward=no
;callreturn=no
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
;echotraining=yes
;echotraining=800
;relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
;jitterbuffers=4
---

Which is better? Should I uncomment any of these lines?