[Asterisk-Users] Using a TE405P to connect to an existing PBX

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Aug 16 07:23:39 MST 2004

On Monday 16 August 2004 10:14, drodden wrote:
> I hate to reopen this, but I haven't gotten any help and I have CTO
> breathing down my neck. I'm digging through documentation after
> documentation but fear I may be going in the wrong direction. Has
> anybody succeeded in getting Asterisk, using a T100P card, to
> communicate directly with an existing PBX? Basically acting like the
> telco, providing the other type of signaling. It can then convert the
> incoming/outgoing requests from the PBX/T1 interface to IAX and send it
> off to another Asterisk server for further processing.

Yes, you can use a T100P and have * act as the network side of a PRI (using
pri_net) and talk to an existing PBX.

> I'm happy to read and learn and such, but I don't know if I'm reading
> the right documentation, or even if this is possible. If it's not
> possible, I'm just wasting time digging through docs on how to make it
> work.

zaptel.conf need to have your T100P span set up correctly (I'd use the PBX as
the clock source as it's probably got a more stable clock than anything in
the computer) with channels 1-23 as bchan and 24 as your dchan.  In
zapata.conf you set up pri_net signalling and put all channels 1-23 in a
group and give them some default context you want your PBX to dump in to.  Do
not give an entry for channel 24 at all.

Regards,
Andrew